WHAT DO YOU NOAH ABOUT THE ARK?
Read GENESIS 6-9 – 7:13*******
If God came to you and asked you to do something, what excuse would you give him?
- “I’ve never done that before.”
- “I’m too old (or too young).”
- “But I’m going to face opposition.”
- “Oh no, the forecast looks rainy.”
When God asks us to do something it’s never at a good time. Why? Because it’s his time, not ours. He sees the big picture. We see only our pictures. God knows the forecasts for centuries to come. We see only the clouds today.
When God asked Noah to build an ark, Noah had plenty of reasons to say no:
- “I’ve never built an ark before.”
- “I’m six hundred years old.”
- “The people around me are evil.”
- “How am I going to manage a floating zoo?”
Despite the excuses, “Noah did everything just as God commanded him” (Genesis 6:22). If Noah hadn’t obeyed, he’d have sunk—literally—and so would we. All of humanity would be drowned in that sea. Thankfully Noah said yes to God’s impossible request, and mankind survived.
So what’s your reason for saying no to God? Whatever it is, it won’t hold water for very long. (from The American Bible Challenge)
YOUR BIBLE CHALLENGE
- What kind of wood was the ark made of?
- How many decks did the ark have?
- How many kinds of clean animals did God tell Noah to take?
- How old was Noah when the floodwaters came on the earth?
- How many humans were on the ark?
Scroll down for answers…
ANSWERS TO: What Do You Noah about the Ark?
- Cypress (Genesis 6:14)
- Three (Genesis 6:16)
- Seven (Genesis 7:2)
- Six hundred years old (Genesis 7:6)
- Eight (Genesis 7:13)