KIDS SAYETH THE CUTEST THNGS—SHADRACH, MESHACH, ABEDNEGO
Read Daniel 3****
Is life turning up the heat? Imagine how Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego felt. Their survival in the fiery furnace tells us how we can survive when things get hot.
- Don’t run away from the fire. Accsused of worshiping God despite public policy that said they must worship only the image of gold, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego defied the world for their love of God. They didn’t fear the fire. They embraced it.
- The enemy will get burned, but hot those who worship God. The soldiers who carried the trio into the fire died trying to kill Shadrach, Meschach, and
- Abednego. The enemy’s own devices backfired and burned them.
- God can burn off the ropes that bind you, so you can walk around freely while everything around you turns to ashes He can free you and protect you at the hottest point of any crisis.
- God is there with you in the fire. Nebuchadnezzar saw four men walking around in the fire. The fourth had to be either an angel or Jesus himself. God doesn’t leave you when things get hot. He jumps in with you.
- God may throw you in the fire to keep others out of the fire. Nebuchadnezzar praised the true God after seeing the faithful trio survive the furnace. The world watches the faithful go through tough times and in turn accepts God as Lord and Savior. This eventually keeps them from the eternal fire that never goes out. It’s the only fire no one survives and the ultimate fire God wants to save everyone from.
YOUR BIBLE CHALLENGE
- How tall was the image Nebuchadnezzar made?
- What did Nebuchadnezzar decree should happen every time people heard the music?
- How much hotter did Nebuchadnezzar heat the fire to burn Daniel’s friends?
- What did Nebuchadnezzar say the fourth man in the fire looked like?
- When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stepped out of the furnace, what did they not smell like?
ANSWERS TO: KIDS SAYETH THE CUTEST THNGS—SHADRACH, MESHACH, ABEDNEGO
- Sixty cubits (Daniel 3:1)
- They must fall down and worship the image of gold (Daniel 3:5)
- Seven times (Daniel 3:19)
- A son of the gods (Daniel 3:25)
- Fire (Daniel 3:27)