- March 29 is Women’s Day (3/15/2020) - Our Women will be in charge of the Sunday morning worship on March 29th. Mark your calendars and come out and support our ladies. The speaker this year is Mrs. Jean Reilly.
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 68th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
PASTOR’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- The message from Dr. Reilly – March 29, 2020 (3/29/2020) -
More of Pastor’s Messages
- The message from Dr. Reilly – March 22, 2020 (3/22/2020)
- Semantics or What? (2/2/2020)
- Remember to give thanks! (11/3/2019)
- A message from the Budget and Finance Committee (10/1/2019)
- Deacon Nelms asks the favor of love, encouragement and support for one another (9/1/2019)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering continues through March (3/15/2020)
The Annie Armstrong Easter Offering will continue through the month of March. Our goal is $500.00. 100% of your gift supports North American missions and the missionaries who are reaching North America with the gospel. Our total to date is: $305.00.
- Breakfast on Sunday, March 22 (3/15/2020) - Everyone is invited to Sunday morning breakfast at 9:00am March 22. Please come enjoy some fellowship before the sermon!
- March 15, 2020 — Announcements (3/15/2020) - OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHRISTIAN GROWTH AND SERVICE TODAY: 9:45AM Sunday School 11:00AM Morning Worship TUESDAY: NO HILL’S WEDNESDAY: 11:30AM Manna Ministry 1:00 – 2:00PM Midweek Bible Study 6:30PM Team Kids 6:30PM Prayer Meeting; Bible Study 7:30PM Choir Practice ANNOUNCEMENTS: There will be NO HILL’S until further notice. If you have not tried our Mid-Week … Continue reading March 15, 2020 — Announcements
- New Women’s Bible study to meet 10-11 a.m. first Saturdays (2/23/2020) - It’s the start of something new and we need YOU! Calling all women for a Women’s Bible study, the first Saturday of each month from 10-11 AM in the 1200 building. The kickoff of our first Bible Study will be on Saturday, March 7th, 2020. Please bring your Bible, notepad and pen. We will begin … Continue reading New Women’s Bible study to meet 10-11 a.m. first Saturdays
- Rise and shine for 9 a.m. breakfast, Sunday, Feb. 23 (2/16/2020)
- Friends and lovers, all invited to the Friendship/Sweetheart Banquet, 6 p.m. Feb. 15 (2/9/2020)
- New! Wednesday afternoon service at 1 p.m. (2/9/2020)
- Meetings – February 2020 (2/9/2020)
- Welcome new member, Charlie Poole (2/2/2020)
- Feel love at the Friendship/Sweetheart Banquet 6 p.m. Feb. 15 (1/26/2020)
- Join us for breakfast Jan. 19 (1/12/2020)
- Dr. Reilly brings the message today; vote to follow (1/5/2020)
- You’re invited to breakfast; 9 a.m. Jan. 19 (1/5/2020)
- Volunteers needed to continue Manna Ministry (12/30/2019)
- January 2020 News Briefs (12/30/2019)
- Meet the Reillys 2 p.m. Jan. 4; finger foods requested (12/29/2019)
- Dr. Reilly to preach Jan. 5; official vote to follow (12/29/2019)
- Men’s prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Jan. 4 (12/29/2019)
- Merry Christmas! Choir presents Cantata today! (12/22/2019)
- Welcome, Rev. Demidchik! (12/8/2019)
- Kid’s Christmas party planned 1-3 p.m. Dec. 7; Kids’ Movie Day 10-noon Dec. 14 (12/1/2019)
- Christmas celebrations will keep you busy in December! (12/1/2019)
- Donations and volunteers needed for BNOC Christmas Store Ministry Dec. 9-11 (12/1/2019)
- Week of Prayer Dec. 1-8 (12/1/2019)
- Community Thanksgiving Service to be held Nov. 26 at PUMC (11/24/2019)
- Pastor Search, toy collection, Thanksgiving Potluck, baskets and more (11/16/2019)
- Thankgiving potluck Nov. 24 after a.m. service (11/10/2019)
- Pantry items needed for Thanksgiving (11/4/2019)
- BNOC Christmas Store Ministry efforts begin (11/3/2019)
- November 2019 News Briefs (11/3/2019)
- Sponsored missionaries return for Mission field progress report Oct. 30 (10/27/2019)
- News briefs: Youth fellowship today, Budget & Finance Oct. 22, Business meeting Oct. 23 (10/13/2019)
- Pantry items needed for Thanksgiving baskets; bring items in now (10/13/2019)
- Daylight Savings Time ends Nov. 3 (10/6/2019)