- Fish Fry 4-6 p.m. April 21! Bring a dessert to share! All invited! (4/14/2018) - We are planning a Fish Fry fellowship for April 21st from 4:00-6:00 pm. Everything will be provided except desserts. Please bring a dessert to share. Everyone is invited.
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 66th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- Charity efforts: Expanding His Kingdom (April 2018) (4/1/2018) - Dear Church family, We just finished another ministry filled day at Southside. Today we were blessed by having one of our partners in the community provide the food for our soup kitchen, but our ladies came early to make necessary preparation for the meal. About nine o’clock, the Mobil Food Bank truck arrived, making preparation … Continue reading Charity efforts: Expanding His Kingdom (April 2018)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- In the midst of change, let’s unite to share God’s goodness (March 2018) (3/1/2018)
- Exciting February ahead (February 2018) (2/1/2018)
- New Year looks best looking forward (January 2018) (1/1/2018)
- We are so blessed!… (December 2017) (12/1/2017)
- Every good and perfect gift… (November 2017) (11/1/2017)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- April 2018 News (4/1/2018)
SOUTHSIDE WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP
Southside Women’s fellowship will meet Saturday, April 28th.
They will continue to meet each 4th Saturday at 11:30am.
EASTER SUNRISE SERVICE
will be an Easter Sunrise Service on April 1st at 7:00am at the James McNeil Field on Cascade Blvd. In the case of bad weather, it will be moved to Rosemont Christian Church on Bainbridge Blvd.
MEN’S PRAYER BREAKFAST
The Men’s Prayer Breakfast will be held on Saturday, April 7th at 8:00am. All men are encouraged to come and invite a friend to come out and enjoy some good food, a devotional time and prayer time.
WOM AND DEACONS
The WOM and Deacons will meet on Monday, April 2nd at 6:30 pm.
Total for ANNIE ARMSTRONG EASTER OFFERING was $490.00
Congratulations to Crystal Clewis on the birth of her baby boy, Liam Jace, born on March 11th.
Congratulations to Raymah and Derek Joyner on the birth of their daughter, Lillian Grace on March 22nd. She weighed 9 lbs,5oz and was 22ins. long. Mother and baby are doing fine.
BNoC SPRING SPRING MEETING
The Spring meeting of the BNoC will be held on April 26th at Kings Grant Baptist Church. Afternoon session begins at 3:30pm with dinner at 5:30pm with a paid reservation. Evening session begins at 6:30pm. RSVP by April 20th. Visitors are welcome.
BNoC SPRING MISSION PROJECT
The SPRING MISSION PROJECT for the BNoC is “Caring for the Homeless” They are collecting items for four ministries in our region. They have requested donations of new white bath towels and bus passes/tickets. For more information on their project, refer to the BNoC April Newsletter.
The WOM is looking for new members. There is no age limit. If you have a heart for missions, you will fit right in. They meet the first Monday of each month at 6:30 pm.
- Festival Committee/Church Council meet jointly 6:30 p.m. March 27 (3/19/2018) - The Festival Committee will meet jointly with the Church Council March 27th at 6:30 pm in the 1200 building. We will discuss different choices/dates for Church Festival then.
- See you at the Women’s Fellowship and potluck lunch 11:30 a.m. March 24 (3/19/2018) - There will be a Southside’s Women’s Fellowship and Potluck lunch Saturday, March 24 at 11:30 am in the Social Hall. Bring your thoughts on what’s on your bucket list. Hope to see you there.
- Gideon Rep to speak March 18 (3/13/2018) - On March 18, we will have a Gideon Speaker talk during our morning service about the Gideon Ministry and how they are sharing God’s word around the world. Following the service we will receive an offering for the Gideon Organization.
- Festival Committee meets 6:30 p.m. March 12 (3/11/2018)
- Baby shower for Chrissie Carroll to be held April 14 (3/11/2018)
- Easter offering continues through March (3/11/2018)
- Come to the Easter Egg Hunt 10-noon, March 31 (3/11/2018)
- Time to Spring Forward! (3/9/2018)
- WOM seeks new members with heart for missions (3/3/2018)
- BNoC 2018 Spring Mission Project announced (3/3/2018)
- All are invited to join in church workday at 9 a.m. March 10. (3/3/2018)
- 2018 Festival Committee to meet 6:30 p.m. March 12 (3/3/2018)
- Join the Easter egg hunt for fun, 10-noon, March 31 (3/2/2018)