- Learn to cook healthy meals 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays, May 8-June 5 at SBC (5/15/2018) - A healthy lifestyle begins with healthy cooking. Now, you can learn new skills for better eating from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays, May 8 – June 5, free of charge, at Southside Baptist Church! To register or to request more information, call Michelle with Healthy Chesapeake at 748-6430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is required.
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 66th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- Spring showers abundant blessings on SBC (May 2018) (5/1/2018) - Dear Church family, I don’t know about you, but I am glad that spring has finally arrived. The temperature continues to rise, and the signs of Spring are everywhere with all the Dogwoods and azaleas in full bloom. We just had a few days of April showers, and the rain prepared the ground for the … Continue reading Spring showers abundant blessings on SBC (May 2018)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- Charity efforts: Expanding His Kingdom (April 2018) (4/1/2018)
- In the midst of change, let’s unite to share God’s goodness (March 2018) (3/1/2018)
- Exciting February ahead (February 2018) (2/1/2018)
- New Year looks best looking forward (January 2018) (1/1/2018)
- We are so blessed!… (December 2017) (12/1/2017)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- Mother’s Day service to recognize moms, dedicate children to Christ (5/11/2018)
On Mother’s Day, May 13th, we will have a special service to recognize mothers and to allow parents and children to dedicate themselves to Christ.
The church will recognize the mother with the youngest child present, the mother with the most children present and the oldest mother.
In our Parent/Child dedication in our Mother’s Day service, parents and children will formally dedicate their lives to Christ. If you have a child that you would like to dedicate, please contact the Pastor or call the church office.
- Grads to be recognized at June 10 service (5/1/2018) - We are looking forward to recognizing our graduates in a special service on June 10. If you know of anyone in our church family who will be graduating from high school or college this year, please call the church office so we can recognize and bless our graduates as they begin the next adventure of … Continue reading Grads to be recognized at June 10 service
- Welcome new members (5/1/2018) - Please join us in extending our warmest welcome to our new church members! Bless you all for being part of our church family. We look forward to meeting needs and sharing Christ together. Kaylie Adams (4/15/18) Danille Bow (4/15/18) Cloey Bow (4/15/18) Jade Myrick(4/15/18) Jenna Martin (4/15/18) Diantha Samuels (4/22/18)
- May 2018 News (5/1/2018) - SOUTHSIDE WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP Southside Women’s fellowship will be on Saturday, May 26th. They will continue to meet each 4th Saturday at 11:30 am. WOM AND DEACONS The WOM and Deacons will meet on Monday, May 7th at 6:30 pm. GRADUATES If you know of anyone in our church family that will be graduating from High … Continue reading May 2018 News
- Free-for-all clothes giveaway to be held 10-2 May 19 (5/1/2018)
- Men’s prayer breakfast to be held 8 a.m. May 5 (4/30/2018)
- Donations needed for June 9 church yard sale (4/28/2018)
- Fish Fry 4-6 p.m. April 21! Bring a dessert to share! All invited! (4/14/2018)
- April 2018 News (4/1/2018)
- Festival Committee/Church Council meet jointly 6:30 p.m. March 27 (3/19/2018)
- See you at the Women’s Fellowship and potluck lunch 11:30 a.m. March 24 (3/19/2018)
- Gideon Rep to speak March 18 (3/13/2018)
- Festival Committee meets 6:30 p.m. March 12 (3/11/2018)
- Baby shower for Chrissie Carroll to be held April 14 (3/11/2018)