- SBC welcomes Rev. Kim Chaffee for the summer (6/1/2018) - Join us in welcoming Rev. Kim Chafee to Southside Baptist Church for the summer. She will be with us leading our music ministry while Anya King takes some time off to visit her family in Belarus. From Rev. Kim… I am so excited to be with you this summer, and to share in the privilege … Continue reading SBC welcomes Rev. Kim Chaffee for the summer
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 66th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- We can plan our days, but God orders our steps (June 2018) (6/1/2018) - Dear Church family: On Monday, I leaned over to brush my teeth, and my back went out. Martha and I had decided to go out to get a bite to eat, when we finished the meal, I could hardly get out of my seat and had difficulty walking. You know that I am in a … Continue reading We can plan our days, but God orders our steps (June 2018)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- Spring showers abundant blessings on SBC (May 2018) (5/1/2018)
- Charity efforts: Expanding His Kingdom (April 2018) (4/1/2018)
- In the midst of change, let’s unite to share God’s goodness (March 2018) (3/1/2018)
- Exciting February ahead (February 2018) (2/1/2018)
- New Year looks best looking forward (January 2018) (1/1/2018)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- June 2018 News (6/1/2018)
WOM AND DEACONS
The WOM and Deacons will be going out to eat at Pancakes ‘n Things on Monday, June 4th at 6:00 pm. All ladies are reminded to bring items for the Baby Boutique.
If you know of anyone in our church family that will be graduating from High School or College this year and would like to be recognized during our church service on June 10th, please call the church office or Pastor Riddle. We have three that we know will be graduating; Clayton Moore, Alsya Davis and Serena Smith.
CHURCH YARD SALE
There will be a Church Yard Sale on Saturday, June 9th from 9:00am-2:00pm. All money will go towards paying down our debt. If you have donations for the yard sale, please contact Margie Davenport.
FATHER’S DAY is June 17th. We will recognize the oldest father, the father with the youngest child present and the father with the most children present.
SOUTHSIDE WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP
Southside Women’s fellowship will meet on Saturday, June 23th
They will continue to meet each 4th Saturday at 11:30am.
NOMINATING COMMITTEE MEETING
The Nominating Committee will meet at 7:30pm on Wednesday, June 6th to begin the process of identifying Church Leaders for the 2018-2019 year .
- Free garden boxes available from Healthy Chesapeake (5/28/2018) - Call by May 30 for a box Healthy Chesapeake will drop off some 3ft x 2ft grow boxes for your home, with a manual. You will need a space outside where it will get 6 hours of sunlight each day and must be watered every other day. Call now and sign up by May 30th. … Continue reading Free garden boxes available from Healthy Chesapeake
- Learn to cook healthy meals 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays, May 8-June 5 at SBC (5/15/2018) - A healthy lifestyle begins with healthy cooking. Now, you can learn new skills for better eating from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays, May 8 – June 5, free of charge, at Southside Baptist Church! To register or to request more information, call Michelle with Healthy Chesapeake at 748-6430 or email email@example.com. Registration is required.
- Mother’s Day service to recognize moms, dedicate children to Christ (5/11/2018) - On Mother’s Day, May 13th, we will have a special service to recognize mothers and to allow parents and children to dedicate themselves to Christ. The church will recognize the mother with the youngest child present, the mother with the most children present and the oldest mother. In our Parent/Child dedication in our Mother’s Day … Continue reading Mother’s Day service to recognize moms, dedicate children to Christ
- Grads to be recognized at June 10 service (5/1/2018)
- Welcome new members (5/1/2018)
- May 2018 News (5/1/2018)
- Free-for-all clothes giveaway to be held 10-2 May 19 (5/1/2018)
- Men’s prayer breakfast to be held 8 a.m. May 5 (4/30/2018)
- Donations needed for June 9 church yard sale (4/28/2018)
- Fish Fry 4-6 p.m. April 21! Bring a dessert to share! All invited! (4/14/2018)
- April 2018 News (4/1/2018)
- Festival Committee/Church Council meet jointly 6:30 p.m. March 27 (3/19/2018)
- See you at the Women’s Fellowship and potluck lunch 11:30 a.m. March 24 (3/19/2018)