- News briefs: Youth fellowship today, Budget & Finance Oct. 22, Business meeting Oct. 23 (10/13/2019) - There will be a Youth Fellowship today, Oct. 13, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Invite a friend. The Budget & Finance Committee will meet on October 22nd at 6 p.m. QUARTERLY BUSINESS MEETING: October 23rd.
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 67th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
PASTOR’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- A message from the Budget and Finance Committee (10/1/2019) - This week, we have a message from our Budget and Finance Committee: First and foremost, thanks to all who continually support our church through monetary gifts. As you know, and have seen, our budget for last year was $155,243.00. We will end the year with a $10,000.00 -$12,000.00 net deficit in budget receipts. Needless to … Continue reading A message from the Budget and Finance Committee
More of Pastor’s Messages
- Deacon Nelms asks the favor of love, encouragement and support for one another (9/1/2019)
- Blessed to have served these past 11 years (8/4/2019)
- Preachers don’t retire. They just go out to pastor. (7/7/2019)
- Treat your overheated concerns with the cool breeze of His Spirit (June 2019) (6/1/2019)
- Southside partners with Gateway Church, starting May 1 (May 2019) (5/5/2019)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- Pantry items needed for Thanksgiving baskets; bring items in now (10/13/2019)
We will need canned vegetables, cake mixes, frosting, cranberry sauce, box dressing, etc., for the Thanksgiving baskets. You may start bringing them in now.
- Sponsored missionaries return for Mission field progress report Oct. 30 (10/13/2019) - Sam and Kari Bruce, Missionaries that we have been supporting, will come and update us on their progress on the Mission fields on Wednesday, Oct. 30. At the end of the meeting, we will receive an offering to help support their continuing efforts.
- Daylight Savings Time ends Nov. 3 (10/6/2019) - DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ENDS NOVEMBR 3rd. Please remember to turn your clocks BACK one (1) hour.
- Trunk O Treat setup starts at 5 p.m. Oct. 31 (10/6/2019) - Southside Baptist Church will host a “TRUNK O TREAT” on Oct. 31st Set up will be at at 5 pm. We will hand out candy beginning at 6 pm
- October 2019 News Briefs (10/1/2019)
- September 29, 2019 — Announcements (9/29/2019)
- Church-wide picnic scheduled 1-4 p.m. Oct. 12 at Elizabeth River Park (9/29/2019)
- Enjoy hotdogs, burgers at Church picnic, 1-4 p.m. Oct. 12 at ER Park (9/22/2019)
- SSB shirts still available; only $10 (9/1/2019)
- Thank yous, Sept. 2019 (9/1/2019)
- Bridge Leadership Conference to be held Sept. 17 (9/1/2019)
- Six baptized Aug. 25; praising His works at Southside (9/1/2019)
- Youth to enjoy food, fellowship and fun at Sept. 6 Back-to-School Bash (9/1/2019)
- Alma Hunt Offering begins this month (9/1/2019)
- Final donations sought as Christmas in August Project winds down (9/1/2019)
- Men’s Prayer Breakfast, Sept. 7 at 8 a.m. (9/1/2019)
- Riddle Reception to follow Aug. 25 morning worship (8/11/2019)
- School Supplies needed for kids (8/11/2019)
- Pastor Search Committee meets Aug. 22 at 6:30 p.m. (8/11/2019)
- Church Council meets Aug. 20 at 6:30 p.m. (8/11/2019)
- August 2019 News Briefs (8/4/2019)
- Pastor Search Committee meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 6 (8/4/2019)
- Children’s Celebration planned for Aug. 10 (7/28/2019)
- Pastor Search Committee Meets Tuesday, July 16 at 7 p.m. (7/14/2019)
- Vacation Bible School begins July 28 (7/14/2019)
- Southside to help World Changers, July 15-19 (7/7/2019)
- July 14, bring dish and a friend to church cook-out after a.m. service (7/7/2019)
- July 2019 News Briefs (7/7/2019)
- Save now for Christmas in August Project (6/23/2019)
- Special Called Business Meeting to be held June 12 (6/9/2019)
- June 2019 News Briefs (6/1/2019)
- Men urged to attend prayer June 1 breakfast with a guest (5/26/2019)
- Names needed for graduate recognition June 9 (5/12/2019)
- Week of Prayer for the Mission Impact (BNoC) May 19-25th (5/12/2019)