OUR LATEST NEWS
- Everyone is invited to Community Thanksgiving Service Nov. 21 at SNBC (11/12/2017)
The Community Thanksgiving Service will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. at South Norfolk Baptist Church. Rev. Mark Gorgan of Rosemont Christian Church will bring the message. An offering will be taken and will be sent to the Samaritans’ Purse Organization. Join us and be blessed as we sit with our neighbors to give thanks.
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. And this is our 65th year in ministry.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- Every good and perfect gift… (November 2017) (11/1/2017) - Dear Church family, First, let me say thank you for all your prayers, words of encouragement, cards, and gifts for Pastor Appreciation Day. Every Pastor should have the privilege of serving a loving congregation like Southside. I must confess that without Martha as my friend, helper, and wife I would not be the person that … Continue reading Every good and perfect gift… (November 2017)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- What a great September… (October 2017) (10/1/2017)
- Fall is time for renewed commitment to be back in church (September 2017) (9/5/2017)
- Blessed by the Lord with wife, love, & family (August 2017) (7/31/2017)
- Workers in God’s Kingdom (July 2017) (7/3/2017)
- In any given day… (June 2017) (6/2/2017)
OTHER CHURCH NEWS
- Pastor Daniels to lead community church discussion Nov. 9 (11/1/2017)
On Thursday November 9th at 6:30 pm, Pastor Mike Daniels will come to Southside to give us some direction as how we can effectively reach out in our community. EVERYONE is invited to come to the meeting.
- Trunk or Treat, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 (10/23/2017) - Trunk or Treat will be held on Tuesday, October 31st from 6-8 p.m. at the 1200 parking lot. We will meet at 5:30 to get set up. Bring your treats and open your trunks and get ready for the arrival of the children at 6 p.m.
- Reservations due now for BNoC annual meeting Nov. 25 at GBBC (10/22/2017) - The Annual Fall Meeting of the Bridge Network of Churches will be held on Thursday at Great Bridge Baptist Church. Afternoon session begins at 3:30 pm and is open to everyone. Dinner with paid reservation ($7) is at 5 pm. Evening session begins at 6 pm. Make reservations by October 23rd deadline.
- Fall Festival Rescheduled Nov. 11, noon-3 p.m. (10/22/2017) - Our Fall Festival was cancelled due to rain. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11 from noon – 3 pm here at Southside. Nothing has changed but the date. It is all FREE and you are invited. There will be a lot of food and entertainment. Food includes hot dogs, funnel cakes, snow cones, popcorn and cotton … Continue reading Fall Festival Rescheduled Nov. 11, noon-3 p.m.
- BNoC Toy Story Ministry runs Dec. 4-6; gather items now (10/21/2017)
- Samaritan’s Purse “Shoe Box” project underway for Nov. 13-20 deliveries. (10/15/2017)
- Join the fun at SBC’s Trunk or Treat Oct. 31, 6-8 p.m. (10/15/2017)
- Quarterly Business Meeting 6:30 p.m. Oct. 25 (10/8/2017)
- Toy Store Ministry plans set (10/8/2017)
- Bridge Network of Churches meets 3:30 p.m. Oct. 23 (10/8/2017)
- Oct. 14 Fall Festival features food, fun, entertainment (10/1/2017)
- You Belong: Come back to church Sept. 17 (9/5/2017)
- Fall Festival Committee meets Sept. 14 at 6:30 p.m. (9/5/2017)
- Important meetings in Sept. 2017 (9/5/2017)