- SS class donates in memory of Margaret Williams (2/10/2019) - In memory of Mrs. Margaret Williams, our fellow class member and friend, the Southside Baptist Adult II Sunday School class is donating $50 to purchase socks and other small items of necessity for the homeless in our community. Margaret loved her church and supported its projects. We believe she would have been pleased to have … Continue reading SS class donates in memory of Margaret Williams
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 67th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- Meeting community needs helps build the Lord’s Church (February 2019) (2/3/2019) - Dear Church Family, What an exciting time to be a part of the Southside family. Last Sunday, we were blessed to have Rev. Burt Reed to come and share with us about the ministry of International Christian Ministry. ICM has helped to build and plant over 8,000 churches around the world. As most of us … Continue reading Meeting community needs helps build the Lord’s Church (February 2019)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- 2019 presents new opportunities to give glory to God (January 2019) (12/30/2018)
- Remember importance of living with a thankful heart (December 2018) (12/1/2018)
- Terry’s November Message (November 2018) (11/1/2018)
- Discouraged? Find encouragement in the work of God (October 2018) (10/1/2018)
- We have done so much. We can still do more. (September 2018) (9/1/2018)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- Kim Jessie, BNoC, will speak on Baptist Women’s Day, Feb. 24 (2/10/2019)
Baptist Women’s Day will be Sunday, February 24th. Our ladies will be in charge of the Morning Worship Service and there will be an All LADIES choir. Kim Jessie, of the Bridge Network of Churches, will be the guest speaker.
- Desserts needed for Sweetheart/Friendship Banquet Feb. 16 (2/3/2019) - Our SWEETHEART/FRIENDSHIP Banquet will be held on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. Widows and widowers will be recognized and a meal will be prepared and served by the Deacons. The meal will be provided but desserts are needed. If you have a favorite dessert you would like to share, please bring it with you. You can … Continue reading Desserts needed for Sweetheart/Friendship Banquet Feb. 16
- New Children’s Ministry to meet Feb. 16 (2/3/2019) - Southside members have started a Children’s Ministry and they will meet Feb. 16 for the first time from 10 a.m. to noon. They plan to visit some of our homebound. Please see Cheryl Brackett for more details.
- Baptist Women’s Day, Feb. 24 to feature all-ladies choir (2/1/2019) - Baptist Women’s day will be held Sunday, Feb. 24th. Ladies will be in charge of the Morning Worship Service and there will be an All LADIES choir. The speaker will be announced at a later date.
- Jeff Rowland to speak at Baptist Men’s Day Jan. 27 (1/18/2019)
- Church Council meets Jan. 22 at 6:30 p.m. (1/1/2019)
- Men’s Prayer Breakfast: 8 a.m. Jan. 5 (12/30/2018)
- Lottie Moon Christmas offering exceeded group goals (12/30/2018)
- Christmas Cantata, Dec. 23; Candelight Service, 6 p.m. Dec. 24 (12/18/2018)
- Baby shower for Chrissie Carroll to be held noon-4 p.m. Dec. 22 (12/17/2018)
- Clothes Give Away May 19; Yard Sale June 9 (12/16/2018)
- BNoC spring meeting set for 6:30 p.m. April 26 at Kings Grant Baptist (12/16/2018)
- Fish Fry Fellowship scheduled 4-6 p.m. April 21 (12/16/2018)
- Breakfast with Santa, Children’s Christmas Celebration, Dec. 8, 9-noon (12/2/2018)
- Children to present “Star Search,” 6 p.m. Dec. 17 (12/2/2018)
- All are invited to covered dish meal, Dec. 9 at 5:30 p.m. (12/2/2018)
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering Dec. 2-9 (12/2/2018)
- Welcome new members, Jones and Womack (12/1/2018)
- BNOC Toy Store Ministry to be held Dec. 10-12 (12/1/2018)
- Christmas plans underway (11/18/2018)
- All are invited to Community Thanksgiving Service: 7 p.m. Nov. 20 at Rosemont Christian Church (11/4/2018)
- Lifeway Church Week (11/1/2018)
- Welcome new members! (11/1/2018)
- BNOC Christmas Toy Store Ministry runs Dec. 10-12, volunteers needed (11/1/2018)
- UPDATE: Harvest Festival rescheduled to November 3, 1-4 p.m. (10/31/2018)
- Harvest Fest rescheduled Sat., Nov. 3 (10/26/2018)
- Oct. 14 schedules altered for High Attendance Sunday and after-church fish fry (10/7/2018)
- Oct. 2018 News (10/1/2018)
- Bridge Leadership Conference rescheduled for Oct. 4 (10/1/2018)
- Potluck Women’s Lunch and Fellowship to be held 11:30 a.m. Sept. 22 (9/21/2018)
- All are invited to covered dish dinner Sept. 9; eve worship to follow (9/2/2018)
- Sept. 2018 News (9/1/2018)
- Bridge Leadership Conference to be held Sept. 13 (8/31/2018)
- August 2018 News (8/1/2018)