- Feb. 25 is Baptist Women’s Day! (2/13/2018) - Feb. 25, 2018 is Baptist Women’s Day! Watch for more information coming soon!
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 66th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- Exciting February ahead (February 2018) (2/1/2018) - Dear Church family, As we move forward into the month of February, many exciting things are before us. First, the church voted to begin a partnership with a group called Healthy Chesapeake. We will be working together, to address the health (body, mind and Spirit) needs of those in our community. This will be accomplished … Continue reading Exciting February ahead (February 2018)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- New Year looks best looking forward (January 2018) (1/1/2018)
- We are so blessed!… (December 2017) (12/1/2017)
- Every good and perfect gift… (November 2017) (11/1/2017)
- What a great September… (October 2017) (10/1/2017)
- Fall is time for renewed commitment to be back in church (September 2017) (9/5/2017)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- Women’s fellowship begins meeting 4th Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. starting Feb. 24 (2/11/2018)
Southside Baptist Church’s Women’s Fellowship will begin meeting on the fourth Saturday of each month at 11:30 a.m. starting on Feb. 24. Lunch will be provided in the Social Hall. The fellowship will continue to meet on 4th Saturdays at 11:30 a.m., indefinitely.
- Friendship/Sweetheart Banquet Feb. 11 at 6 p.m. (2/5/2018) - There will be a Friendship/SWEETHEART Banquet on Sunday, February 11th at 6 p.m. Our widows and widowers will be recognized. You can always count on some fun and fellowship and best of all, a meal that will be served by our Deacons. The meal will be provided by the church but desserts will be needed. If … Continue reading Friendship/Sweetheart Banquet Feb. 11 at 6 p.m.
- Southside & Healthy Chesapeake address needs of senior neighbors together (2/2/2018) - Starting in February 2018, Southside will be working with Healthy Chesapeake to address the health (body, mind and Spirit) needs of the seniors and others in our community. A Senior Wellness and Education program will run four days a week from 10 a.m. -2 p.m. each day. A free meal will be provided for all … Continue reading Southside & Healthy Chesapeake address needs of senior neighbors together
- Bank On Hampton Roads partners with Southside to give free financial makeovers (2/1/2018) - The Program Bank On Hampton Roads is like a 10-month wellness plan for finances. Bank On Hampton Roads offers all the education, support and encouragement people need to launch their financial plans. In this program, participants are encouraged to take the financial challenge to: Increase Income Grow Savings Reduce Debt Build Credit Score Protect Assets … Continue reading Bank On Hampton Roads partners with Southside to give free financial makeovers
- February 2018: busy month for Southside (2/1/2018)
- Curtis James to speak on Men’s Day, Jan. 28 (1/21/2018)
- Joyner Baby Shower set for Feb. 10 at 2 p.m. (1/14/2018)
- Services cancelled tomorrow due to snow (1/6/2018)
- Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Cole (1/4/2018)
- Candlelight Service tonight, 6 p.m. (12/24/2017)
- Tis the season for holiday events! (12/1/2017)
- Gather items now for Toy Store Ministry Dec. 4-6 (11/27/2017)
- Week of Prayer begins Dec. 3 (11/26/2017)
- Everyone is invited to Community Thanksgiving Service Nov. 21 at SNBC (11/12/2017)