- Curtis James to speak on Men’s Day, Jan. 28 (1/21/2018) - Our Men’s Day is next Sunday morning, Jan. 28. The men, who are in charge of the morning Worship Service, have invited one of our own, Curtis James, to come back and speak that day, and we’ll be treated to an all-men’s choir. Please come on out and support our men.
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 66th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- New Year looks best looking forward (January 2018) (1/1/2018) - Dear Church Family, As we face the New Year, it is a good reminder not to dwell on the past. God is able to take all the challenges of the past, all the things that Satan meant for evil, and turn them into something good. Don’t let the mistakes and disappointments of the past, define … Continue reading New Year looks best looking forward (January 2018)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- We are so blessed!… (December 2017) (12/1/2017)
- Every good and perfect gift… (November 2017) (11/1/2017)
- What a great September… (October 2017) (10/1/2017)
- Fall is time for renewed commitment to be back in church (September 2017) (9/5/2017)
- Blessed by the Lord with wife, love, & family (August 2017) (7/31/2017)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- Joyner Baby Shower set for Feb. 10 at 2 p.m. (1/14/2018)
There will be a Baby Shower for Raymah and Derek Joyner on Saturday, February 10th, at 2 pm.
- Services cancelled tomorrow due to snow (1/6/2018) - Services for tomorrow, Jan. 7, have been cancelled due to large amounts of snow lingering everywhere. Please stay home and stay safe! See you next Sunday!
- Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Cole (1/4/2018) - Congratulations to Cindy and Mike Cole on their marriage on December 22nd at Southside.
- Candlelight Service tonight, 6 p.m. (12/24/2017) - PROGRAM Christmas Video Choir: Christ is Born Greeting: Pastor Lighting of the Advent Wreath Choir : A Light Still Shines Hymn: Away in a Manger Scripture reading: Taylor Moore Hymn: joy has dawned Video: samaritans purse recipients of Belarus A letter of gratitude from a recipient’s mother Duet : Anya King & Natasha Demidchik Message: … Continue reading Candlelight Service tonight, 6 p.m.
- Tis the season for holiday events! (12/1/2017)
- Gather items now for Toy Store Ministry Dec. 4-6 (11/27/2017)
- Week of Prayer begins Dec. 3 (11/26/2017)
- Everyone is invited to Community Thanksgiving Service Nov. 21 at SNBC (11/12/2017)
- The Southside Baptist Church Homecoming was ‘great time’ for all (11/1/2017)
- Pastor Daniels to lead community church discussion Nov. 9 (11/1/2017)
- Trunk or Treat, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 (10/23/2017)
- Reservations due now for BNoC annual meeting Nov. 25 at GBBC (10/22/2017)
- Fall Festival Rescheduled Nov. 11, noon-3 p.m. (10/22/2017)
- BNoC Toy Story Ministry runs Dec. 4-6; gather items now (10/21/2017)