- Festival Committee/Church Council meet jointly 6:30 p.m. March 27 (3/19/2018) - The Festival Committee will meet jointly with the Church Council March 27th at 6:30 pm in the 1200 building. We will discuss different choices/dates for Church Festival then.
Welcome to Southside Baptist Church’s website. We are a friendly church located in the heart of the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, VA, just off Interstate 464 at the intersection of Poindexter Ave. and Bainbridge Blvd. We have begun our 66th year of ministry in South Norfolk, Virginia.
Take a few minutes from your hectic day, enjoy some of the best in contemporary Christian music, and discover the Southside difference.
And if there is anything we can do to help you, or if you just need us to offer a prayer in your behalf, please just drop us a note and we will add you to our daily petitions to the Lord.
Terry Riddle, Pastor
PASTOR TERRY’S MOST RECENT MESSAGE
- In the midst of change, let’s unite to share God’s goodness (March 2018) (3/1/2018) - Dear Church family, I just spoke with my oldest brother, Gerald, on the phone, and he just celebrated sixty years of marriage. I joked with Geneva, his wife, and told her they couldn’t possibly have been married for sixty years because neither of them looked, or acted, much older than sixty. We spoke about how … Continue reading In the midst of change, let’s unite to share God’s goodness (March 2018)
More of Pastor Terry’s Messages
- Exciting February ahead (February 2018) (2/1/2018)
- New Year looks best looking forward (January 2018) (1/1/2018)
- We are so blessed!… (December 2017) (12/1/2017)
- Every good and perfect gift… (November 2017) (11/1/2017)
- What a great September… (October 2017) (10/1/2017)
OLDER CHURCH NEWS
- See you at the Women’s Fellowship and potluck lunch 11:30 a.m. March 24 (3/19/2018)
There will be a Southside’s Women’s Fellowship and Potluck lunch Saturday, March 24 at 11:30 am in the Social Hall. Bring your thoughts on what’s on your bucket list. Hope to see you there.
- Gideon Rep to speak March 18 (3/13/2018) - On March 18, we will have a Gideon Speaker talk during our morning service about the Gideon Ministry and how they are sharing God’s word around the world. Following the service we will receive an offering for the Gideon Organization.
- Festival Committee meets 6:30 p.m. March 12 (3/11/2018) - There will be a Festival Committee Meeting, March 12 at 6:30pm in the 1200 building. We need to discuss timing, location, type and staffing for a 2018 Festival. As all options are on the table, this meeting is important for past active members and any other persons with a desire to participate actively. See you … Continue reading Festival Committee meets 6:30 p.m. March 12
- Baby shower for Chrissie Carroll to be held April 14 (3/11/2018) - There will be a baby shower for Chrissie Carroll on April 14th in the 1200 Building. Call the office for more details, or watch our website for updates.
- Easter offering continues through March (3/11/2018)
- Come to the Easter Egg Hunt 10-noon, March 31 (3/11/2018)
- Time to Spring Forward! (3/9/2018)
- WOM seeks new members with heart for missions (3/3/2018)
- BNoC 2018 Spring Mission Project announced (3/3/2018)
- All are invited to join in church workday at 9 a.m. March 10. (3/3/2018)
- 2018 Festival Committee to meet 6:30 p.m. March 12 (3/3/2018)
- Join the Easter egg hunt for fun, 10-noon, March 31 (3/2/2018)
- Armstrong Easter Offering begins March 4 (2/25/2018)
- Feb. 25 is Baptist Women’s Day! (2/13/2018)